A Mom of Five


I loved these pictures so much that I had to share. Of course, I love the mom and the kids in the picture and so that helps make the photo even more wonderful. These pictures were taken by Sharina, you can see more of her work here.
There is something to be said about a woman who dedicates her life to raising children.   Raising children is God's Work.  Sometimes it is hard to keep this perspective when we are knee deep in messes and noise.  Some days I find myself wanting to hide in my closet and read a book to escape the demands that children bring.  I am guilty of doing this.  Bedtime is often my favorite time of day.  My kids are getting older and time is speeding by.  I look into their faces and realize time is what I have and it is running out.  Pretty soon they are not going to be running up to me to tell me about the big bug they found in the garden or come find me because they need a bandage for a skinned knee.
I can only pray that I will be able to focus more on them in these next few years and bask in their innocence and  love. 

Comments

Popular Posts