Time Warp

Almost a week after writing my last post about missionaries, I experienced a time warp.  I was sitting in front of the TV watching President Monson give the first talk of General Conference.  He announced that Young Men would now be able to leave for their missions at the age of 18.  Young Women would be able to leave for their missions at age 19.  More details on this here.
photo found at lds.org
I was so excited and my mind starting rolling through what this meant for me and for all the youth that I know.  My sons will now be able to go right after High School Graduation.  My daughters will now more likely go than not go.  Then I thought.  I could of gone on a mission.  I would have been able to serve at the same time that my husband went.  But then, I thought my life would have turned out so differently.  Every revelation that comes from the lord is all in good timing.  It was not in the plans for me to go on a mission.  This is ok.  I think my life has still followed a path that has been set out for me.
I knew this was BIG and had to look at FB to see what people were saying.  Everyone was excited and some anxious parents were adding up the months at how quick they can send in the papers. Many mom's out there just lost a year to prepare.  All in all it is good news.
The mission prep has been put into overdrive for this household.  I need to get some extra good lessons planned for Family Home Evening.  Oh, heaven help me!

Comments

  1. Good Luck. Don't forget to teach them how to boil water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming over to my blog the other day for the giveaway. I know what you mean about the mission change - many more possibilities. I too wonder how this will affect my kids, esp. my girls. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts