Family Values


I have been following this blog for some time now. Called 71 Toes. I saw Shawni on a 'I'm a Mormon' clip and I felt like I already knew her a little bit. I read one of her parents (Richard and Linda Eyre) books (Teaching Your Children Values) while taking a child development class in College.
Some many years later after I had the twins (I had four children under the age of 4) my friend loaned me a book called, A Joyful Mother of Children, by Linda Eyre. The book was full of good advice and experiences as a young mom. However, it was written in 1983 and I wanted more of what she had to say for the new millennium. So, I did a little research and found a newer version called, A Joyful Mother of Children-The magic and mayhem of Motherhood. I liked this one just as well and so I loaned it to a couple friends and then never got it back.
When we lived in Oxford England, I met a girl named Eva. She is from Bulgaria and just happened to live with the Eyres while she was attending the University of Utah. Eva always talked of the Eyres and how they influenced not only her life but others. I will do a post on Eva in the near future.
Furthermore, I have liked following 71 toes and get great ideas on family, house, and parenting issues.

Comments

Popular Posts